Tamron, an integrated optics manufacturer and leader in the security/surveillance equipment industry, announces the release of M118VP1250IR, a 1/1.8″ 12-50mm F/1.4 5-mega-pixel NIR vari-focal lens with P-Iris.
Demand for IP/network cameras is growing at an unprecedented speed in the security market. Today’s requirement for high image-quality mandated resolution higher than 5-mega-pixel / Full HD 1080P.
To address the market need, Tamron has released a ‘double vari-focal’ lens system, a complementary lens-pair solution that powerfully supports major security applications: an M13VG288IR (f=2.8-8mm) lens and an M13VG550IR (f=5-50mm) lens to seamlessly cover the entire focal length range from the wide-angle f=2.8mm to the telephoto-end f=50mm. Because of the universal angular field of view coverage being addressed between the two, the solution has received exceptionally high recognition in the market.
Demand for large-size 1/1.8″ and 1/2″ imagers has also grown prominently for surveillance installations in highly populated urban areas, where distinguished resolving power becomes critically important to make the most of the imaging capabilities of 5-megapixel sensors. To address the need, Tamron now releases a new 1/1.8″ 12-50mm F/1.4 lens, compatible with the widely-used P-Iris (Model: M118VP1250IR).
Tamron, as an integrated optics manufacturer, progressively pursues development of such high-quality and innovative products.
- NIR lens covering focal lengths most universally utilized in telephoto applications: The new lens delivers high-quality images throughout the most commonly used focal length range of 12-50mm. Expanding the spectrum coverage to NIR region, the lens enhances and assures high-precision and high-efficiency day-and-night surveillance.
- High-quality NIR imaging: An ideal lens for day-and-night mega-pixel surveillance with chromatic aberrations well compensated for delivers improved performance in the NIR bandwidth and well-tuned image quality from corner to corner. Tamron’s proprietary optical design with an optimal choice of glass materials backed by high-precision process technology brings an ideal balance in performance to cost.
- Discrete optical design considering low-light conditions: The image circle diameter is expanded to permit compatibility with 1/1.8″ imagers widely adopted in the security/surveillance market. A fast aperture of F/1.4 is achieved by a new optical design, while the minimum aperture stops down to close. The new lens is also compatible with 1/2″ and 1/3″ imagers.
- Substantial reduction of flare and ghosting: The performance of the new lens has gone through extensive validation processes using state-of-the-art simulation, weighed heavily on specific conditions of a wide variety of surveillance scenes. Disturbing flare and ghosting are attenuated to the minimum and Tamron’s proprietary multi-coating technology is employed to thoroughly reducing flare and ghosting.
- Pursuit of high utility and high reliability: In line with Tamron’s product development philosophy for high reliability, proprietary knowledge and manufacturing know-how have been extensively utilized for the design and manufacturing of the new lens, M118VG1250IR, similar with other Tamron products.
- Large rotation angle for faster and easier focusing
- Slip-mount mechanism for faster and easier camera / lens installation and assembly
- Highly-reliable auto iris mechanism